I am sure, you folks.. all you folks who have read ‘Who Moved my cheese’ by Dr Spencer Johnson actually do know by now, where I am going in terms of this post and the previous one.
Now, back to the topic… cheese is what we want, what we desire in life.. like i said in the previous post, we all want different types of cheese during different stages of life. Now, the whole point of the book in question is, when you don’t get your cheese anymore, and when the supplies of your cheese are dwindling, what do you do? Oh heavens!!! Oh Noooooooooooooo!!! Oh my Goddd!! I want my cheese back!! I shall not accept this!! This is so unfair… !!! God is unfair!!! Nooooooooooooooo!!
he he he… which one was YOUR reaction???? Hmm?
Well well well folks, let me tell you a secret.. my cheese was moved. And when I moved to find new cheese, I found the best phase of my life – my independence, my self-dependence.
We are talking about change here. Change is inevitable. Change is the only constant in life. And the biggest truth is that we all resent change from the deepest bottoms of our hearts. Why? Obviously because we don’t like to get out of our comfort zones. We don’t want to know what is on the other side of the wall… We all want to be like the frog in the well, who is so comfortable inside the well… read secure, that he does not want to get out, fearing what he would find outside. But if only he stepped out, he would discover a beautiful world, the forest, the lake, the moonlight as it shines on the leaves, the dew drops on the flowers and the seasons. IF ONLY.
And now, think of yourself – do you resent change? If yes, why? Here are reasons why we don’t like change:
- We are afraid.
- We do not want to tread on the unknown paths.
- We are comfortable in our cozy ‘used to’ circle of life.
- We are always apprehensive and think negative.
Now, answer just one question to yourself:
What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Do just that, readers!! Do just that. Remember, change is not always bad. Life changes, friendships change, friends change, love changes, jobs change, economic conditions change – but, there is always more in the cosmos – always enough to keep us happy, provided we FIND that happiness.. and like the frog who did not step out, if we just close our eyes towards the abundance that is lying in wait for us to find it, we will never find happiness. We will never find our cheese.
So, here is everything detailed out in steps:
- Work towards finding your cheese diligently.
- Once you’ve found it, enjoy it, but do not get complacent.
- Always remember, someone ( read = life) WILL move your cheese.
- Do not get worried when you see the current situation changing to something you don’t like.
- See around you – search for avenues that are new, unknown and explore what is of interest to you.
- Be brave.. answer the question “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” truthfully.
- Find the strength to work towards that answer.
- When you do find new cheese, again, repeat steps 2 to 7. 🙂
And life goes on… happily, blissfully.. Amen!!! Inshallah!!!