Hell!! A woman scorched…
Fury!! In those eyes, blood-shot
Despair!! The lost smile
Grief!! The shattering sound of trust
Dismay!! In denial
Tears!! Just don’t stop
Maddening!! That cocky smile
Disbelief!! Oh no, NOT again!!
Sighsss!! Giving up
Palms up!! Hands outstretched
Godd!! Call upon me
Life!! Not anymore
Memories!! GO away!
No!! This can’t be true.
God!! Not againnnnnnn
You can’t do this to me, no way.
Can we give the woman some independence please?
There is a small population of women who are fortunate to see a life that is not bound by umpteen ropes and shackles. But for the rest, life for her, is like this:
1. Superstitions that make her “do things” based on which, she will supposedly get a “good partner”.
2. Myths, and stigma that objectify her and strangulate her in robes because she is a commodity that should always be covered…
3. Strange customs that she is made to follow so that “other people” can live a comfortable life.
4. Patriarchs stopping her from getting her share of education because she is a woman – HER being itself being a crime.
5. Expectations that make her “bear” stuff because women are supposed to “bear” and “bear” and “not say a word.”
6. Submission to one and all, all and sundry.
7. Squash her dreams because she is not allowed to dream.
8. Always everyone else’s wishes before hers.
9. Her self-respect stays last.
and I can keep continuing…
But my only question is,
when will SHE be truly free?
Will she ever be allowed to take her own decisions, for her happiness?
Will she ever be asked, “What does your heart desire? Let us do that today.”
Will she ever be told, “For you. You want it that way. So be it.”