I am not sure how many of us have actually clicked on “Try the new look on Twitter”, for I know several friends who were very apprehensive about trying it. Change, after all, is not very easy to adapt to, more so, after Facebook put all of us through several torturous cycles of forcibly accepting new and changed timelines. Twitter likes to call them ‘web profiles’.
What’s different with Twitter then?
Twitter also started a spate of changes recently – some quite awesome, like the option of viewing pictures in the Twitter time line. Twitter woke up to the importance of images and video – essentially visually appealing content – and decided to include them in tweets.
With the new look now available for every user to try, Twitter seems to have tidied up its act in an attempt to drift away from its boring tweets only look to the more personalised, user friendly (albeit overloaded) timeline.
So, what has changed?
- Elongaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated header that spans across one end of your profile to another is a no-miss feature. You need to have an image of size 1500×500 at least. Well, the good news is, you can add more informative content in your image.
- Showcase – akin to the category cloud, the tweets that have garnered maximum engagement through favourites and retweets are displayed larger and more obvious than the others.
- Straight on the lines of pinned posts on FB, Twitter now allows users to pin specific tweets on their profiles. These pins will be displayed as static content.
- One of the most wonderful features added now is to let users filter tweets based on various criteria – so that means a sound goodbye to endless mindless scrolling!
- Now I am debating whether the previous feature was awesome or this one – maybe you could decide for yourselves. Popup notifications!! I find this feature very useful whenever I use Twitter on my mobile phone. What’s more, you can switch them off.
Stay abreast of all the latest digital happenings, only at My Digital Marketing Team.
Contact us to know about our social media optimisation services.