I didn’t know that I am an Empath.
As I move ahead on my spiritual path and discover new things about myself in this journey, I have received a lot of answers to questions that I always had, and to those that I never had either.
I will try my best to share this journey with you, maybe one of you will identify with it, who knows?
- Songs affect me in a huge way. I can not bear to listen to some songs (esp from the oldies lot like Kishore Kumar’s) because they make me depressed.
- Deja Vu is a common phenomenon with me, because I tend to have the feeling of “I’ve been here before”, or “I’ve seen him/her before” quite often.
- Pink skies make me depressed and a bit scared as well.
- I am highly highly sensitive and tend to pick up vibes very quickly. (To my deepest chagrin, at work, I am just the opposite..!!!!)
- I like/do not like cities or places according to the vibes I get.
- I tend to immediately catch the feelings of a person around me if they are sad, depressed or in grief.
- I cry a lot… a lot means really a lot. Every emotion results in tears – joy, sorrow, grief, anger, irritation, upset – every damn emotion and the tears flow.
- When someone shares their feelings with me, I suffer along with them because those feelings and emotions become me and I become them. This is the worst trait I have.
- Hate crowds. Hate empty stores too. Extremes.
- These movies disturbed me very badly: Trapped, Life, Alien Covenant – you get the point.
- Long conversations, especially with acquaintances tire me out. I can’t sustain long phone conversations either.
- Loud noises, loud speakers, screaming people etc. disturb me and drive me to madness. So also, I get startled easily, even by something as small as the ringing of a phone – I jump out of my seat. There have been times when I actually dropped the phone when it started ringing.
- I can NOT multitask. Neither physically not mentally. Conversely, I can read two books parallelly – but each a bit at a time, I can switch from reading to painting to crochet to cooking faster than a butterfly switching flowers.
- I need time out after social get togethers, not that I go to too many of them.
- I have this very strong innate desire to heal others. Like I sometimes wish I had a magic wand to do that.
- You can NOT force me to do what I do not want to do. If you force me, I will feel suffocated.
- I am always disturbed by injustice. If I see any injustice happening around me, I have to hold the urge to get involved and give a piece of my mind. (My latest anger is directed towards Mr. Modi for coming up with privacy-killing ideas such as compulsory registration of marriages. What will women in our society do? He is so insensitive to women. My second latest is against trolls who want to keep pestering people who have no interest in them.)
- Many times, I feel emotions that I have no idea where they have come from. I go down without reason, I am happy without reason… I have no idea what touches me during my course of the day.
- You may have hurt me profusely and you may have back-stabbed me, but I will reach out if I know you are in pain. And I beat myself up for it, because it is the most vulnerable thing to do – put yourself up for more pain with people who do not value you.
- And of couse, I am drawn to healing modalities. Obviously.
That makes 20 of them.